When you've planned out your first Foleon Doc, it's time to start creating. 🎨 Our intuitive drag & drop editors and easy-to-master workflow empower people across your company to create high-impact content without design experience. In this article, we'll get you up to speed with creating content with Foleon.
In this article
How a Foleon Doc is built
Pages, Blocks, Columns, Elements, and Overlays are the foundation of every Foleon Doc. In the image below, you can see how these components relate to each other.
- Foleon Doc — Contains one or more pages.
- Page — Contains one or more blocks.
- Block — Contains up to 7 columns.
- Column — Contains one or more elements.
- Element — The rich content you add to your column.
- Overlay — Pop-ups that make your content more engaging.
💡 Want to learn how to save pages, blocks, and overlays to reuse them later? Read all about it in our article Save time and stay on-brand with templates.
🎥 Watch our video on this topic!
Creating content: two editors
Here at Foleon, we want to empower anyone to create new content fast — regardless of skill level. That's why we offer two content editors to create Foleon Docs:
- Content Studio 🎨
You design content with the full Foleon design capabilities. You have complete control over the design process to fit your specific design needs or brand guidelines. Create bespoke content and save it as new templates for the rest of your organization to use.
- Content Builder 🧱
With an easy user interface, we allow everyone to create compelling content faster. With the power of professionally designed templates, you reduce production time and deliver quicker business results.
Depending on your plan, you create content with the Content Builder, Content Studio, or both. As an admin in Foleon, it's important to decide on the content editor you're creating your first Foleon Doc with.
📖 Want a detailed overview of the differences between the Content Builder and the Content Studio? Learn more here.
Template-driven creation with the Content Builder
The Content Builder's easy editing interface lets anyone create and publish high-impact content in minutes, regardless of design skills, using Foleon's expertly-designed templates.
"What type of templates?", you ask. There are three types that help you scale your content creation:
- Doc templates — From an annual report to an employee magazine, we've got you covered for every content type. Each Doc is made up of pages.
- Page templates — Quickly add a new page to your Doc, whether that's a welcome page or a closing page. A page is made up of one or more blocks.
- Block templates — Build your page with our extensive block library to fit the Doc to your content needs.
The good thing is, with these templates, they all fit together and work on every device (desktop, tablet, and mobile). To make these templates your own, this is what you'll need to do:
- Write captivating copy for titles, body text, and CTAs
- Implement branded images and videos
- Finetune navigation, so your audience reads through your Doc effortlessly
🎥 Watch our video lesson to master the Content Builder in just 5 minutes.
Bespoke content at scale with the Content Studio
When you're working with the Content Studio, you design content with the full Foleon design capabilities. You have complete control over the design process to fit your specific design needs or brand guidelines.
Create bespoke content and save it as new templates for the rest of your organization to use.
To learn how to create content with the Content Studio, we recommend following our Foleon 101 video course. In less than 20 minutes, you'll master the basics of content creation.
Visit the Foleon Academy and follow the Foleon 101 course.
⚠️ To enroll in the Foleon Academy, you'll need to create a separate account. It's not possible to use your Foleon login credentials.
🎨 In this Getting Started article, you learned how to create your first Foleon Doc. In the third step, Publish, you'll learn which technical steps you need to take in order to publish your Doc.