We want it to be easy for you to bring more people into the platform — to create with the Content Builder or collaborate using Review Mode.
📖 Please note: since writing this article, we've launched these new user roles ✅ To learn more, we recommend reading these articles:
There will be two types of users
We'll divide user roles into two types:
- Premium users — Admin and Designer roles.
- Standard users — Editor, Publisher, and Reviewer roles.
We already had editor and publisher roles, but we've improved their permissions. Same names, more guardrails. This makes it easier for admins and designers to safeguard the brand as they grow their team of creators.
💡With these changes for our user roles, we're saying goodbye to the author role. In addition, current customers who are working with the editor and publisher roles will see a (legacy) added in the users tab. These roles are replaced by their new and improved versions.
What can each role do?
Below, we've briefly summarized what each user role will be able to do:
- Premium users
- Admin — Full access to the platform, all created content, and control over account-related settings. Can invite additional users to Foleon and assign all roles to users.
- Designer — Create, publish, and edit all content, brand settings, and templates. Can invite additional users to Foleon and assign standard roles to users.
- Standard users
- Editor — Can work on a Doc from a template: edit the content, text, and swap block elements.
- Publisher — Can do the same as the editor, but also (un)publish content.
- Reviewer — Full access to Review mode, allowing you to leave comments on a Doc.
We shared much more information on this and more in our Product Updates webinar.
Watch it on-demand to hear more about what these transformative updates mean for your content creation process!